Special Events List
- Celebrating the Sacraments of Initiation in Their Original Order
- Outreach School Supplies Drive 2017
- Rachel's Vineyard Retreats - May & October 2017
- Easter Services 2017
- Catholic Comedian: Judy McDonald, April 8th, 6pm
- Our St. Rita Parish Lenten Journey Life in the Spirit Seminars
29 - 31 March (Weds-Fri)
7:00 - 9:00 PM
1 April (Sat)
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
5:00 PM Mass
2 April (Sun)
10:45 AM - 2:00 PM
- Assisted Suicide Infographic (2 pages & letter)
Thank you for your participation in Bishop Larry’s Anti-Assisted Suicide Campaign as requested in his letter of January 31, 2017.
From the October Mass Count for the entire Diocese, figures show about 43,280 adults attend Mass regularly. The total petitions received to date are 5,443. We are confident that SB1129 Medical Aid in Dying can be defeated by Catholic voices through the petition process. Therefore, in a spirit of Catholic unity throughout the Diocese, the Hawaii Catholic Conference has decided to have one final push this weekend, March 18-19, to significantly increase the number of petitions from all parishes. The SB1129 bill can pop anytime in the House Health Committee. We expect this to happen sometime next week. We have to be ready and need your support:
- Posters. By Fri., March 17, all Oahu parishes will be delivered 2 posters. Neighbor lsland Pastors: A poster file is attached for your perusal. Place posters side-by-side in an area of the church visible to parishioners entering and exiting Mass.
- Pray unceasingly.
Ask your parish, including the homebound, to pray earnestly for the defeat of the bill and for protection of all life from conception to naturalend.
- Collect petitions at all Masses. Please once again direct parishioners who have not already signed to the petition sheets. Best method to increase participation: Place petitions on both ends of all pews. Have volunteers collect them prior to the conclusion of Mass.
- Oahu Parishes- Recruit at least 2-3 parish members (more are welcome) to visit legislators on Capitol Day, Thurs., March 23.
Highly recommended: Pastors lead their faith delegation. For information on Capitol Day, go to: https://www.hawaiifamilyforum.org/capitol-day/
Submit names of parish delegates and T-shirt size to firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 203-6722 by Wed., March 22.
Neighbor Island Parishes - The Respect Life Office will select and contact a person to represent your vicariate and pay the cost of airfare to Honolulu for Capitol Day, including transportation to and from the airport.
The Hawaii Catholic Conference encourages you and your parishioners to participate as Faithful Citizens in defeating this legislative bill that devalues life and, if it becomes law, clearly places Hawaii deeply into the pit of a Culture of Death.
Thank you again for your leadership and your support!